The “Munich Quantum Valley” (www.munich-quantum-valley.de) promotes quantum science and quantum technologies in Bavaria with the primary goal of developing and operating competitive quantum computers. It connects research, industry, funders, and the public and is supported by the Bavarian state government. The business office, located at Leopoldstr. 244 in Munich, is looking to hire as soon as possible a Scientific Manager (m/f/d).
The position is initially limited until 30.09.2026.
Your tasks will include:
- Project monitoring to ensure the achievement of deliverables and milestones in the fields of quantum-computing platforms (e.g. superconducting, neutral-atom, and ion-trap qubits), quantum computer algorithms and theory, high-performance computing systems, and use-cases
- Integration of MQV-associated state and federally funded projects
- Regular site visits to all MQV partners throughout Bavaria
- Documentation and reporting to various committees (advisory board, and board of directors, ministries)
- Representation of MQV in committees and at events
- Support in writing scientific articles for annual reports, newsletters, webpages, and social media posts for the MQV
- Support in the organization of scientific workshops and international conferences
- Participation in international conferences and workshops to stay up-to-date and in touch with quantum science networks, classifying the work in its international and competitive context, and strategically developing projects based on those findings
- Successfully completed doctorate in quantum sciences
- Relevant professional experience and connections in the quantum science community
- Experience in management and control of research projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- Willingness to go on business trips, nationally and internationally
- Outstanding knowledge of German and English, written and spoken (level C1)
- Organizational skills, high self-motivation, and the ability to work both in a team and independently
- Knowledge of project management software and project management certification are preferred
What we offer:
- Responsible and multifaceted tasks in science management with very close contact to current research
- Salary according to qualification and professional suitability up to max. EG 14. Social benefits according to the regulations of public service (federal service)
- Flexibility: Individual working hours within the framework of a flextime system, part-time possible
- Supplementary old-age pension through the Federal and State Pension Institution
- An interdisciplinary working environment
The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting gender equality and diversity. Applications from women are encouraged. Applicants with severe disabilities will be given preference for employment, if their qualifications are essentially the same.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and will remain open until filled. If you would like to apply, please submit your relevant documents via our online form.