You are fascinated by the world of quantum computing and would like to explore this field more intensively while still studying? Then become part of our team and support us in advancing this forward-looking technology.
LMU, Munich’s elite university, has founded QAR-Lab as a scientific spearhead in this field. We are driving breakthrough projects to create efficient algorithms and software platforms that will enable quantum computers to deliver to their promises. Our approach is hands-on: We have access to several existing QC platforms such as IBM’s System One, Fujitsu’s DAU, D-Wave Systems’ Advantage. We want to make QC reality!
- Occupation date: earliest possible
- Application period: as of now
- Weekly hours: 8 to 19
Your tasks can include:
- Research in the field of quantum computing
- Participation in the “QAR-Lab Bayern” project
- Realization of application-oriented prototypes for quantum optimization problems and quantum based artificial intelligence
- Software development on the chair’s own quantum computing software platform
- Integration of access to quantum computers and quantum-inspired hardware (especially IBM’s System One, Fujitsu’s DAU, D-Wave Systems’ Advantage)
What you can expect from us:
- Responsible activity in an international research environment
- Workplace in central, attractive location near the English Garden in Munich
- Flexible weekly working hours
- Good onboarding and an open exchange
- Studies in computer science or a related science
- Curiosity, creativity and enthusiasm for research and new technologies
- Very good programming skills
- Experience in software development
- Basic knowledge of quantum computing would be helpful
The place of work is in Munich. The working hours can be arranged individually in addition to your studies.
Severely disabled applicants will be given preference if their suitability is otherwise essentially equal. Applications from women are welcome.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Do you want to become part of our team? We look forward to receiving your detailed application including cover letter, resume and references. Please send it preferably in one document (max. 5 MB) by e-mail to: jobs-qc(at)mobile.ifi.lmu.de or use our contact form: https://qarlab.de/en/jobs/apply/
Tel. Lehrstuhlsekretariat: +49 89 / 2180 9153
For more information, please visit the QAR-Lab website.