Are you looking for an opportunity to shape the future of quantum computing? With superconducting quantum computers on the verge, we want to strengthen our research at the Walther-Meißner-Institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities and the Technical University of Munich and offer several postdoctoral positions within the Munich Quantum Valley and the German quantum computing project MUNIQC-SC.
How you will support us:
- You will work in an international growing team focusing on quantum technology and computing with superconducting qubits.
- You will take on responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
- Fabrication of high-coherence quantum circuits and the investigation of novel materials, fabrication processes and surface treatments.
- Investigation of alternative qubit approaches.
- Automation, gate optimization, calibration and benchmarking.
- Readout optimization.
- Architecture, design and fabrication of 3D-integrated quantum processors.
- Full-stack system integration, setup, characterization and operation.
- You will work at the intersection of basic science and technology development and closely interact with project partners at universities, research organizations, and companies.
- You will actively participate in outreach events and present your results at conferences, workshops and in research publications.
- You have a solid background in the design, the fabrication and/or the control and characterization of quantum systems.
- You hold a PhD degree in physics, engineering or material science.
- You have excellent skills in instrumentation and measurement and/or expertise in micro- and nano-fabrication and like to push technology to its limit to realize highest quality scalable quantum systems with up to 100 qubits.
- Ideally you have gathered experience in working with superconducting quantum circuits.
- You have experience in cryogenics and the operation of dilution refrigerators.
- You are an independent worker and bring in creative ideas into a larger team.
- You like to work in an academic setting with a technology-oriented innovative mindset.
- You have strong communication and writing skills.
What you can expect in return:
- A curiosity and technology driven research environment with an international team of scientists and researchers at the Walther-Meißner-Institute and the TU Munich working on superconducting quantum circuits, hybrid quantum systems and magnetic materials.
- A position at the Garching Research Campus, one of the most advanced research and education facilities in Europe, with internationally visible research programs in quantum science and technology.
- Close connection to the activities of the Munich Quantum Valley with its main goal to build a quantum computer based on different platforms, to develop suitable algorithms and application, and to establish an ecosystem for innovative quantum technologies.
- A remuneration according to qualifications and professional suitability in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement of the German federal states (TVL-E13/14, depending on qualification).
- Depending on prior expertise and career level, a tenured position or a position that is limited to two years with the intention for further extension and the potential for tenure.
How to apply. If your aim is to advance superconducting quantum computing and you are motivated to join the team, we would be happy to receive your application before October 15th, 2022. Please send us your documents including your CV, a publication list and a brief motivation letter in a single PDF file to Martina Meven (sekretariat(at)wmi.badw.de) mentioning the code ‘2022-KL-PD03’. For further questions, you can reach us via +49 159 01347835. Positions are available starting immediately, applications may be considered until the position is filled.
Diversity. We are determined to build an inclusive culture that encourages and values the diverse voices of all members of our research team embracing the full diversity of gender identities, cultures and ideologies to do excellent research. BaDW and TUM strive to raise the proportion of women in their workforce and explicitly encourage applications from qualified women. Disabled candidates with equal qualification and aptitude will be given preferential consideration according to the SGB IX.
Data Protection Information. When you apply for a position with the BAdW and the TU Munich, you are submitting personal information. Please take note of the data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of the BAdW and the TU Munich. Please visit badw.de/die-akademie/jobs/information-zur-verarbeitung-personenbezogener-daten-nach-dsgvo.html and portal.mytum.de/kompass/datenschutz/ Bewerbung?searchterm=datenschutz respectively for more information.