The „Munich Quantum Valley e.V.“ is Bavaria’s new initiative to foster quantum sciences and quantum technologies. It serves as central hub between research, industry and general public and focuses on developing and operating competitive quantum computers in Germany. To coordinate the efforts of the MQV inside the Technical University of Munich (TUM), the Chair of Technical Physics is looking for a full-time position as Project Manager (m/f/d) "Munich Quantum Valley".
How you will support us:
- Coordinate the interaction with the respective network involving other research institutes, startups and industry partners
- Drive concept development and launch a novel quantum technology park on the Campus Garching
- Monitor progress of the overall project and develop of strategies to steer the project towards realization of quantum computer demonstrators
- Represent the interface between scientific leaders, industry partners and central office of the MQV
- Strategically support the scientists of TUM within the interdisciplinary consortia
- Coordinate reporting towards MQV central office and project sponsors
- University degree (ideally a PhD)
- High-tech enthusiast with experience in the broader area of quantum sciences
- Professional experience in project management and strong organizational skills
- Very good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven and pragmatic way of working with a high degree of ownership
- Strong team player comfortable to navigate a large and diverse stakeholder landscape
- Fluent knowledge of English and German
- Ideally knowledge of project management software and tools (e.g. MS Office)
What you can expect in return:
- A diversified portfolio of interesting and challenging tasks in an international university with the opportunity to acquire excelling competencies in project and science management
- Work within a young, dynamic and highly motivated environment consisting of scientists and researchers located at the Walther-Meißner-Institut (WMI)
- Become part of our unique network of exceptional research institutions, strong industry partners and the Munich Quantum Valley e.V. as Germany’s leading quantum computing center
- Get insight into the latest trends in quantum computers and work in one of the hottest fields of technological innovation
- Working relationship will initially be restricted to two years after start, further extension of the contract is intended. Compensation and terms are in line with full-time positions according to TV-L E14.
Who we are:
- The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is one of Europe’s top universities. It is committed to excellence in research and teaching, interdisciplinary education and the active promotion of promising young scientists. Moreover, TUM regularly ranks among the best European universities in international rankings.
Learn more at: https://www.tum.de/en
- The WMI is an institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BAdW) located at the Campus Garching near Munich. It carries out fundamental and applied research focussing on superconducting quantum circuits for quantum information processing as well as hybrid quantum systems. It plays a key role in the highly visible Munich research efforts on quantum science such as the excellence cluster MCQST.
Learn more at: https://www.wmi.badw.de/
- The WMI also coordinates the superconducting quantum computing activities in the Munich Quantum Valley e.V.. The main goals of the MQV are to build a quantum computing system based on different platforms, to develop suitable algorithms and application, and to establish an ecosystem for innovative quantum technologies.
Learn more at: https://munich-quantum-valley.de
How to apply:
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preferences will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications. Please apply with a cover letter stating the earliest date of entry, CV and copies of your most important certificates in one pdf-file by 17 September 2023 via sekretariat(at)wmi.badw.de with the subject “2023-KL-PM-MQV”.
Technische Universität München
Lehrstuhl für Technische Physik
Walther-Meißner Straße 8
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. Please take note of the data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of the BAdW. Please visit badw.de/die-akademie/service-und-jobs.html#c3843 for more information.