The Munich Quantum Valley (MQV) is an initiative for the promotion of quantum sciences and quantum technologies in Bavaria and is supported by the Bavarian State Government. MQV acts as a hub between research, industry, funders, and the public, and aims, among other things, to develop and operate competitive quantum computers in Bavaria. You can find our current job postings on this page.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Scientific Manager (m/f/d)
The “Munich Quantum Valley” (www.munich-quantum-valley.de) is an initiative for the promotion of Quantum Sciences and Quantum Technologies in Bavaria and is supported by the Bavarian state government. As a hub between research, industry, funders, and the public it is intended, among other things, to help develop and operate competitive quantum computers in Bavaria. The future business office, which will be located in the Munich/Garching area, is looking to hire as soon as possible a
Scientific Manager (m/f/d)
The position is initially limited until 30.09.2026.
Your tasks will include:
- Supporting consortia working in the fields of quantum computing platforms (e.g. super conducting qubits, neutral atom, and ion traps), high performance computing systems and use-cases, and quantum computer algorithms and theory
- Coordinating between the scientific directors and the management of the MQV initiative
- Project monitoring to ensure the achievement of milestones
- Planning and making regular on-site visits of the consortia partners (Bavaria-wide)
- Creating documentation and reporting to various committees (consortia, advisory board, and board of directors)
- Participation in international conferences and workshops to stay up-to-date and in touch with quantum science networks; classifying the work in its international and competitive context, and strategically developing projects based on those findings
- Representing the MQV initiative in committees and at events
- Assisting in writing scientific articles for annual reports, newsletters, webpages, and social media posts for the MQV initiative
- Support in the organization of scientific workshops and international conferences
- Successfully completed doctorate in quantum sciences
- Relevant professional experience and connections in the quantum science community
- Experience in the management and control of research projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- Willingness to go on business trips at home and abroad
- Outstanding knowledge of German and English, written and spoken
- Organizational skills, high self-motivation, and the ability to work both in a team and independently
- Knowledge of project management software and project management certification are preferred
What we offer:
- A responsible and multifaceted field of activities in science management with very close contact to current research
- Salary according to qualification and professional suitability up to max. EG 14. Social benefits according to the regulations of public service (federal service)
- Supplementary old-age pension through the Federal and State Pension Institution
- An interdisciplinary working environment with good opportunities for further training and development
The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting gender equality and diversity. Applications from women are encouraged. Applicants with severe disabilities will be given preference for employment, if their qualifications are essentially the same.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and will remain open until filled. Applications received by December 12th 2021 will be given preference.
If you would like to apply, please submit your relevant documents via our online form: